Jul 3, 2014

Line Collage

This is a great lesson for exploring different types of line. I found it here at The Clever Feather. Students started with a piece of paper turned vertically. They then painted straight vertical lines in colours of their choice. Once dry, students drew various types of horizontal lines on the unpainted side of their page. They then had to cut on these lines and glue the cut pieces back together onto a black piece of paper, leaving a small gap between each piece to emphasize the different line types. I did this lesson with grade ones but many of them found it quite difficult. The cutting and gluing proved extremely difficult for many students so in future I would probably make this a grade 2 lesson.

2 comments:

  1. This would be great for reviewing other color families also! The students did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something similar with First Grade last year and they also had a lot of difficulty with it. 2nd or 3rd would be a better age for sure! I like the addition of color painted on. I had just used two colors of construction paper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...