Jun 11, 2017

Spin Paintings




I saw this activity at 'Casa Maria's Creative Learning Zone' and knew I would have to try it at some point. Her student's results were so beautiful and reminded me of British artist Damien Hirst's Spin Paintings. 

The only place  I know that still sells salad spinners is IKEA. Grab yourself a couple. I then made a cardboard template of a circle that fit the inside of the salad spinner. I had the students trace the template and cut out a couple of circles for themselves out of white paper. The consistency of the paint is important. It needs to be fairly thin and runny. We used liquid watercolours in squeezy bottles. The painting process is best completed in pairs with younger students. One can hold the spinner whilst the other adds paints and spins the lid. Students can open the lid at any time and decide whether to spin more or add more paint. 

The results were exciting and once dry you could incorporate them into another art work. We simply glued ours onto card as an example of experimental painting. We also completed 'Tie Dye with Baby Wipes' in the same lesson.



28 comments:

  1. What a great platform that for such nice information Have a Look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nice information See this keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great platform that for such nice information website keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read several excellent stuff here. Keep on writing great, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, superb blog layout! Magnificent, let alone the content Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent put up, very informative blog. You must continue to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very great post. I just stumbled upon this blog and its excellent point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly loved browsing this blog posts. Wonderful site you have

    ReplyDelete
  9. Efficiently pretty written info.. Keep up the good work. Continue this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for post. It's truly informative will surely keep visiting the website.

    ReplyDelete

  11. I look forward to reading most of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good blog and absolutely exceptional. Thank you for sharing this excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! this is often nice article you shared with great information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so much hilarious blog, Anyways thanks for posting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been conducting a little homework on this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was really informative. Your website is useful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I¦ve learn a few excellent stuff here. This type of fantastic informative

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi everyone, This web site is piece of writing is actually good

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello there, You have performed an excellent article..Goodjob!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The text was neat and readable. Great blog. Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Impressive! Thanks for giving me a fabulous idea here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I express my gratitude for this delightful read! I relished every minute detail of it.

    ReplyDelete

  25. I like the valuable information you supply for your articles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...