Nov 5, 2013

Taj Mahal Drawings

I really love these drawings of India's magnificent Taj Mahal by my grade 4 and 5 students.

Students used photographs of the Taj Mahal and its reflection as a reference. They folded their page down the middle and drew the Taj Mahal sitting atop their fold line. They then transferred the image to the other side of their page (like a mirror image) by scribbling or tracing over the back of their image using a lightbox.

Visiting the Taj Mahal.
Once they had their mirror image drawing, they outlined the reflection in a coloured oil pastel of their choice, before applying a wash of one or more coloured dyes to their page. The image was completed by outlining their original drawing.

I was fortunate enough to visit the Taj Mahal a few weeks after these drawings were completed. I felt that I was able to appreciate it more thanks to my students who had been studying images of the palace for weeks. 











2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...