Apr 7, 2010

Tissue Paper Flower Collages

 
To celebrate the beginning of Spring, the Grade Ones and I took a walk around the school to admire all the roses in bloom. I asked them to carefully observe the layering of the petals, the variations in colour and the repitition of shape in the flowers. They then created a collage inspired by what they had seen using pieces of torn coloured tissue paper glued down one at a time using Clag glue. Some were very clever and also scrunched up pieces of tissue paper or left some parts sticking up to create a more 3D effect. We later decided to add some leaves and cut leaf shapes from green paper using patterned scissors.  




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this tutorial, I've posted a link to it on my blog...

    http://flowerpotdesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/make-your-own-flower-collage.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks Nicola. I feel special...:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...