Jun 6, 2011

Vintage Car Drawings


Inspiration: My junior primary students are all learning about "the olden days" in class so I thought we would do some drawings based on beautiful vintage cars from the roaring 1920s.

These drawings were mostly done by grade 2s most of whom were keen to try drawing their car as a 3D form after my demonstration. After discussing the colours and tones in old sepia and black and white photographs, students then outlined in black marker and coloured with watercolour pencils and ink in shades of brown and black.


4 comments:

  1. What a fun art lesson! I really like the antique looking ink shades you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are just ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! As the mom of a third grader I can see that your students must genuinely enjoy your teaching and engage in the work. It comes through in the effort and detail they place in their paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...