May 29, 2016

More LOVE

image via turbosquid.com
A few years ago I had my students paint their own version of pop artist Robert Indiana's iconic sculpture 'LOVE' (1970). You can see the previous results HERE. After folding a square piece of paper in half twice to achieve four equal sections, students were asked to sketch in the lettering as best they could. This time I made it an exploration of value, asking students to choose any colour to paint the letters and then to use white and black to create two tints and two shades of their colour for the background. Black marker was used to outline once complete. Obviously I am very late in posting this, but this is a great project to do in time for Valentine's Day.

 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work of your students! I love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...